Q: I have Nissan Altima 2003, when I press the gas, won't accelerate. I was slowing down in the middle of the road coz no speed. I w

asked by on April 18, 2017

When I press the gas, don't have speed. I was driving 40mph in the traffic, then slowed down to 25mph and no speed more than 25mph. I pulled over and shut off the car for 10mins.then started the car and drive, it was fine. The 2nd time the same thing. I went to Nissan shop and they couldn't find the problem. I bought a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and mix it with gasoline. Today, still have the same problem. Do you know anything about this, what's wrong with my car? Thank you

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Thanks for writing in today about the acceleration issue with your 2003 Altima. There are many things that could cause this type of problem, ranging from dirty fuel injectors and throttle body components / sensors to minor electrical glitches that are very difficult to pinpoint. Using the fuel injector cleaner is usually a very good idea, but will take about three to five tank fills in order to produce any results. If you continue to have this problem or if it happens more frequently in the near future, it would probably be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection. This will give them an opportunity to test drive your Altima and attempt to replicate the symptom; which makes diagnosing the problem much easier.