If i replace transmission and motor mounts do I need to r...

Q: If i replace transmission and motor mounts do I need to replace the transmission also?

asked by on July 11, 2017

The shop said I need to replace all the transmission motor mounts when I accelerate it pulls when I go fast it jerks if I replace mounts do I need to replace the whole transmission also are just the mounts

It doesn’t sound like there is any reason for you to replace the transmission. The motor mounts and transmission mounts are flexible rubber supports that keep the engine and transmission in place while preventing their vibration from getting to the body of the car. When the rubber portion fails, the engine and transmission can shift around in the body causing all kinds of clunks and jerks. If you would like a second opinion on the condition of your mounts, you can contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out the motor mounts on your Honda and replace them if necessary.