Q: Car starts and then stalls.

I had my spark plugs and wires replaced. When I started my car, it started knocking and making a squealing noise, and then stalled. I can start the engine, but within a few seconds the car stalls again. The Check Engine light was coming on before I replaced the plugs and wires.

The Check Engine Light means there are faults stored in the engine computer’s memory. Reading out these codes and then correcting the causes for these fault codes would be the first step to getting the engine to run correctly. The spark plug wires should be checked to ensure match the engine firing order. Another thing to possibly consider would be a stuck closed idle air control valve. This could cause the engine to shut immediately after starting due to a lack of air supply for the engine to idle. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to check the ignition system and interrogate the fault memory of the engine computer and correct the causes of the fault codes.