Q: Battery charger makes loud noise when trying to charge battery?

battery charger make loud noise when I try to charge battery ?

Hi There, Most battery chargers on the market today have a couple of different settings. They will usually have a regular 12 amp charging mode, a 6 amp charging mode and a boost charging mode. The 6 and 12 amp charging modes are generally very quiet and should not produce much noise. The boost mode is a much more intense power supply and is designed to use when trying to jump start the vehicle when the battery is weak. This produces a lot of current generally will make a bit of a loud buzzing sound. Make sure that you have the battery charger switched to the proper setting for just charging the battery at a regular rate (12 amps).

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr