Q: Car hard to steer after making loud noise

asked by on February 15, 2016

My car made a loud noise, and then was difficult to steer. The AAA tow truck driver thought it could be the hydraulic pump that needed to be replaced. A pulley was just laying inside the engine compartment, but I don't know if that goes to the pump or not.

Power Steering Pump Pulley Replacement $97.72 - $524.73 Get a Quote

When that pulley came off, it allowed the belt to come off that drives the power steering pump. Once the pulley is replaced, the belt can be reinstalled, and then you should have power steering again. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to replace your steering pump pulley.