Q: My truck has been giving problems to start, and I end up getting a jump. However, my battery, alternator and starter are good

asked by on November 18, 2017

I change the battery due to it being tested as bad. The battery alternator and starter are now tested as good. However, the next day after replacing battery I went to the store and came back out and it would not start. I got a jump, went back to auto zone but all readings are still coming back as good. Could this be electrical or bad connectors?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If there is no starter motor operation, check for presence of 12 volts at the starter solenoid when the key is held in the start position. Check for voltage drop on the heavy gauge wire from the battery to the starter as well. If there is 12 volts to the solenoid and no voltage drop on the heavy cable, and yet the starter does not function, the starter is bad. If you do not detect 12 volts to the solenoid when the key is in the start position, there is an intermittent connection somewhere in the starter circuit or a voltage drop. This can be quickly diagnosed, and resolved, during a mobile visit. If you desire that service, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.