Q: Mileage on dashboard not working

asked by on September 23, 2016

The part were the milage and all that stuff is shown is not working just under the oil indictor

The instrument cluster on your Ford is a common failure. The thing to do is remove the instrument cluster, check for power and grounds at the appropriate connector pins. If power and ground are present, you will need to replace or have your instrument cluster repaired. I recommend having the cluster repaired. It is most often cheaper and most of the time a new cluster will be ordered. In most cities, there are shops that specialize in instrument repair. Remove your cluster, test for power and ground and locate one of these specialist.

Before I forget, and before you remove the instrument cluster, check all of your fuses. One or more could be the source of the power failure to the cluster.

I recommend the following inspection if you should need help with this;electronic components not working which can be performed by a YourMechanic technician at your home or office.

Good luck!