Q: wiper blades working reverse

My wiper motor is running fine with no strange noises, the blade arms work, the intermittent works and the high and low work. But everything appears to have reversed! For example: when I turn off the wiper dial on the arm, the blades stop and set in an up position on the windshield. I am thinking of ordering a replacement motor 40-1063. But I wonder if the problem might be somewhere else. What do you think?

I suggest first inspecting the wiper crank arm assembly between the wiper linkage and the motor. It may have slipped out of position. If that is secure, then yes, it sounds like you need the wiper motor and module assembly. If you need help having this checked, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your wiper system and perform the needed repair.

3. wiper blades working reverse