Q: 2008 Honda Accord 3.5L V6. Check engine light on and code p0430. I have tried cataclean and discovered kicks in the engine.

Just bought the car. The first mechanic I went to recommended to do a complete flush. Steering, transmissions, coolant, brake flushes. The second mechanic said I didn't need to do all that. I have tried the cataclean for the code p0430 but that did not solve the problem. I actually started hearing some kicks in the engine. The engine actually sounded great before using cataclean. What should I do next? I need to get rid of the code to be able to pass the inspection.

Hi Ugochukwu. In order to get rid of any error code, you need to first discover why it was triggered in the first place. The P0430 code is set when the ECU detects below threshold performance from the catalytic converter. The ECU monitors the catalytic converter closely and when a the low performance threshold is detected the Check Engine Light will be displayed on the dashboard. To learn what might cause this code specifically and possible repair solutions, please read this article.

3. 2008 Honda Accord 3.5L V6. Check engine light on and code p0430. I have tried cataclean and discovered kicks in the engine.