Q: Q: Car cranking, but not turning over

My car won't start. The engine cranks, but it doesn't turn over.

Hello, there are many possible reasons for a no-start. Your description is a little confusing since you say it crank but it doesn’t turn over. In auto terminology, "crank" and "turn over" have the same meaning. If what you are trying to say is you hear the starter motor spinning but its not turning the engine over, then it looks like this is an issue with the starter motor. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, inspect your no-start condition to see exactly what’s causing this issue.

3. Q: Car cranking, but not turning over