Q: Engine dies when I stop.

Last Friday, car died at the stop sign at the end of road. I was able to start it back up to get it back home. Next day, had the battery and alternator tested. Battery was bad. I replaced it. Replaced the radiator Sunday because antifreeze was all over engine. Drove it 15 minutes on Monday. It died at a stop sign. Wouldn't start back up. Tried to start it, it started blowing smoke through vents. Got off work Monday night and was able to start it back up and drive it home. Died when I stopped in the driveway. Someone plugged in a thing to check the engine light. It popped up a code that said co2 sensor was failing. He said that would only affect gas mileage. Had my oil changed Wednesday. Tried to drive it to work again. It died at the same stop sign 15 minutes away. Just got off work. Was able to start it up and drive it home again before it died when I stopped in the driveway. There is fluid in the radiator. Hoses are good. Don't think it's leaking anything.

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing stalling. Stalling can be caused by many things. A few common causes for engine stalling are a bad idle air control valve, issues with the fuel system, or issues with the ignition system.

The idle air control valve is the component responsible for maintaining engine idle speed when the engine is not under load. If it has any issues, leaks, or fails, it may cause a rough idle or even stalling, If any of the components of the fuel or ignition systems, such as the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, ignition coil, or ignition module, fail or have an issue, they can also cause misfires and stalling. I would start my making sure that there are no vacuum leaks present, and then move on to checking the idle air control valve.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.