Q: Front low-beam headlight repair requires whole light assembly replacement

asked by on July 27, 2016

The driver’s side front low-beam headlight went out so I replaced the bulb. But then I had to replace it a second time because the first replacement didn’t last very long. This helped me know there was a problem with the plug. If you wiggle the wire that goes into the plug, then the bulb will light up again. The plug needs to be replaced and I see that this will include replacing the whole assembly that controls all the light functions. Is this something that I could do myself and where would I find good instructions/steps to follow?

Hello. For your 2009 Saturn Outlook, there is an aftermarket part called a pigtail connector that can be spliced into the existing wiring fairly easily. You may be able to find instructions on the internet that would be able to show you how to do this. If you are not familiar with splicing wires, I would not suggest you try and do this on your own. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and assist you with your lights repair.