Q: How do I release the steering wheel lock?

How do I release the steering wheel lock?

Your car features a steering lock system that prevents the steering wheel from being turned under certain conditions. For instance, if the ignition is off and the electronic key is not nearby, the wheel cannot be turned. This is a safety precaution to prevent the front wheels from turning when the car is parked and off. To unlock the steering wheel lock:

1. Press the start/stop button.

2. Turn the steering wheel left and right lightly (don’t jerk it).

3. The wheel should release.

4. If the lock is not released, the start/stop button light will turn green and flash.