Q: Cylinder Deactivation System in Bank 1

Would I be possibly fix this issue at home? or dose it reqiure profficinal

The diagnosis and repair of this type of problem will require the work of a professional. The cause may be as simple as a low oil level or the need for an oil change or as complicated as the need to replaced sticking lifters in the engine as the lifters are used to deactivate the cylinders and special solenoids allow or block oil pressure to these solenoids in order to deactivate 4 of the 8 cylinders during cylinder deactivation mode. For an issue like this, consider hiring an experienced technician from your local dealer as this repair may require internal engine work and your local dealer is the best supplied to handle this type of repair. Otherwise, have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, for an accurate path to repair.

3. Cylinder Deactivation System in Bank 1