Q: Problem with speed. No check engine light on but when accelerating speed, it decreases then speeds right back up. No stalling at all

asked by on October 01, 2016

Problem with speed. No check engine light on but when accelerating speed, it decreases then speeds right back up. No stalling or stopping at all

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a common problem associated with fuel/air delivery which is very commonly related to what is called a mass airflow sensor. This monitors the flow of air intake into the throttle body as it is mixed with fuel to deliver the right air/fuel mixture into the motor. When this is not working properly, this will cause this kind of hesitation or surging when trying to accelerate. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.