Q: Hi Jerel, how are you? I have a 2008 chrysler sebring convertible and my check engine light is on, I went and had it checked and s

Hi Jerel, how are you? I have a 2008 chrysler sebring convertible and my check engine light is on, I went and had it checked and shows that the manifold tuning valve control is the problem. can you explain what this is and how serious a problem and how soon I should have this repaired. thanks so much

If you are referring to Codes P2004, P2017, and related codes, if those codes have set it means that the intake manifold runner control (IMRC) is stuck or sticking. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) provides the IMRC with information relating to current driving conditions, and the IMRC uses this information to regulate the amount of airflow that is permitted into the intake system. By regulating intake airflow, harmful emissions are reduced, the air/fuel mixture is improved, and fuel economy is increased. A fault in IMRC components should be repaired reasonably promptly because otherwise your car will experience a decrease in fuel economy, decrease in low end engine torque, and the engine may run poorly.

The fault could be due to any one or more of the following issues:

IMRC solenoid that is defective
IMRC solenoid wiring that has shorts, breaks, or is frayed.
IMRC solenoid circuitry that has shorted or is open
IMRC solenoid connector that is corroded
IMRC butterfly valve plate screws that are loose or broken
IMRC butterfly valve plates that are broken
IMRC butterfly valves plates that have disconnected from the IMRC actuator
Vacuum control solenoid vacuum filter that is clogged
Debris in the vacuum control solenoid
Vacuum lines that are disconnected or broken
Carbon buildup on the IMRC butterfly valve plates
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve trouble codes that have been stored by the PCM
MAF sensor trouble codes that have been stored by the PCM
BARO sensor trouble codes that have been stored by the PCM

If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request intake manifold runner control system diagnostic/repair and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi Jerel, how are you? I have a 2008 chrysler sebring convertible and my check engine light is on, I went and had it checked and s