Q: Shifting issues, skipping gears and jerking while letting off the gas

I have shifting issues with my car. Occasionally, it wouldn't shift gears. There is the check engine light on. It sometimes goes from third gear into fifth at 1000 RPM and runs slow. It often won't switch to fifth gear, but when I go into third gear it skips to fifth. Then it jerks when I let go of gas and goes to second gear. What could be the problem? Thanks.

A: The transmission case servo pin bore gets w...

The transmission case servo pin bore gets worn out. To repair this is to drill the hole out, and install a sleeve bushing to repair the transmission housing. The transmission will need to be removed, and taken apart to do this job. A transmission overhaul may need to be done once the transmission is disassembled and inspected. I recommend having a mechanic inspect why it is hard to shift in person to see if it needs transmission repairs.