Q: Service battery system light? Battery died. CD player has stopped ejecting.

I have a 2013 Chevy Impala LT. My CD player suddenly stopped ejecting. Then my service battery charging system light went on and 30 minutes later my battery completely died in my garage. Is this a bad battery or could it be something else? My car never had this problem until today. I drove it all day fine then this happened.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The battery only supplies power to accessories when the engine is not running. As the engine starts, the alternator takes over. So, if the CD player was not working while the engine was running, the issue could be your charging system, as opposed to the battery. Most batteries last for 4 to 5 years initially, so it could be a combination of both the battery needs to be replaced as well as a charging issue. Your best bet is to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics and they can complete a battery not holding a charge inspection. This will pinpoint the source of your issues and they can repair it for you at the same time. Hope this helps and best of luck.

3. Service battery system light? Battery died. CD player has stopped ejecting.