Q: 2005 Chrysler Pacifica transmission won't shift gears

asked by on August 19, 2016

my car won't move it shifts into different gears but won't move ..did I blow my transmission ?

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote
Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The only thing you can really check is the fluid level. Start the engine in park, parking brake on, open the hood, find the transmission dip stick. Pull it, wipe it, re-insert it and see if the level is where it should be. If the fluid is okay, close the hood, return the drivers seat, left foot on brake, put the selector in drive, and lightly push the gas pedal.

If the engine freely revs, the transmission is most likely shot. Try this for reverse, and the lower ranges, too. You have 3 options if it is bad. Have a transmission shop diagnose and rebuild the unit in house, have a shop install a remanufactured unit, or have a shop install a used transmission. Do your homework. Compare warranties, price, and the shop’s reputation. If you would like to have this checked first, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect your shifting issue in person in order to advise you on the needed repair.