Q: Leaking gas tank and power steering hose

asked by on February 08, 2016

The gas tank and power steering hose are leaking.

Fuel is leaking from gas tank Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you have a couple of serious issues going on. A fuel leak can be dangerous so that must be repaired first. Many times this car can develop a leak at the fuel pump connection and look like the tank is leaking. If it is indeed the tank then the gas tank needs to be replaced in its entirety. There is no suitable repair for this type of gas tank. As for the power steering, it is common for the high pressure line to leak and the connections at the low pressure line. If the leak is not very evident then the area needs to be cleaned and then checked again to find out if the power steering hose needs to be replaced. A mechanic would sometimes need to add dye to the system to pinpoint the source of the leak.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr