Q: After installing a new battery, now my car just clicks when starting it.

Hi i put a new battery in my 05 saab when i was driving the abs and airbag light came on then the steering was affected. Pulled over turned of engine went to start it again but it wouldnt, any ideas? Clicking sound also when starting. Mark

When installing a new battery, it is not uncommon for various dash lights to come on as the system is reset as a result of the new power source being installed. The problem starting may suggest a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. After installing a new battery, now my car just clicks when starting it.