How sound are 2014 Buick Regal Turbos? I am having to rep...

Q: How sound are 2014 Buick Regal Turbos? I am having to replace the turbocharger already?

asked by on July 11, 2017

I have to drive a lot for work (1000-1500 miles a month). Have to replace the turbocharger and the car is only 4 years old. Is this car a money pit (meaning will I consistently have issues)?

You did not state the mileage you have but your turbo should not go out so soon. I would recommend using a high quality synthetic oil of correct viscosity for turbo engines. This oil may help prolong the life of the turbo and should be changed on a regular schedule to help even more. Using incorrect oil or generic cheap oil can cause excessive turbo bearing heat and failure prematurely.