Q: Car is sputtering, miss firing,and dying if I get pass 40mph before I could do 60 before it sputtered

asked by on February 28, 2017

Before I changed the coils I could get up to 60mph and now since I changed them I could only do 40 and it starts sputtering, missing,and dying. It cranks find. And I had to replace the starter also it fried it but that was before I changed the coils

Hi There, You may want to check the power to the ignition coils to be sure that the ignition control module is powering each of the coils properly. I would also suggest checking to be sure the crank sensor and cam sensors are both working properly as well as these will both cause problems with ignition and spark if not sending a proper signal. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.