Q: Brake booster modification

Good day,

Can I change or modified a master vacuum assembly to universal vacuum brake booster of my Kia Sportage 1997 2.0TD, the part OEM is difficult to find here in the Philippines. thanks regards My car has a manual transmission.

A: Hi there. Anything is possible in regards t...

Hi there. Anything is possible in regards to modifying your vehicle's brake booster to a universal brake booster. It would require fabrication and a lot of knowledge about the original brake booster's specifications. No easy task. I would not recommend this conversion. I would wait and locate the correct brake booster by vehicle application assuming the brake booster is faulty. Keep looking online on different parts and for sale websites, and maybe even consider calling Kia to get more help finding the part.