Q: How do I shift out of P?

How do I shift out of P?

Before driving, you will need to shift your car out of P. To do so, simply apply the brake pedal, and move the shifter.

Transmission

Hello. It sounds like your transmission is failing. I usually start by checking the transmission fluid. If it is low then this will occur. If the level is fine then I usually drop the pan and drain the fluid...

What does it mean if the “Service power steering” warning is displayed in the message center?

Your car’s Power Steering system is an integral part of the vehicle. While the system can fail and you’ll still have the ability to steer, you’ll find that the wheel is much harder to turn. Obviously, it’s important to have...

What does it mean if the message center shows a warning saying “Sensor blocked see manual?”

Your car has a significant number of sensors that play vital roles in a wide range of different systems. If you see the warning “Sensor blocked see manual” come across your message center, it’s natural to feel a little nervous....

Shift stick is loose 2007 Chevrolet Impala

Hello - the symptoms you describe are most likely caused by a loose or worn out shifter cable. It may have even become disconnected on the transmission end of the cable. I recommend a shifter cable replacement performed by a...

What does the security system alarm indicator mean?

The security system alarm indicator is located on the instrument panel. When the security alarm has been set, the security system alarm indicator will blink.

Can I put the motor into another car

Hello there, without knowing a bit more information I will answer this to the best of my abilities. If the engine was to go into another 2012 Chrysler 300 that had the same motor size, then the motor would most...

Car dying when put into gear

Your concern can be as simple as a broken/dry rotten hose that may be allowing too much air into the engine. The ignition system must be well-tuned and the alternator must be capable of charging the battery during vehicle operation....

ok, so my Kwik Kar oil change place told me the oil pan needs to be replaced because the drain plug is stripped. So they put a la

Hi Eric. Sorry to hear this happened to you. Oil pan's bolts don't typically "just strip". It's typically always due to either over tightening, or cross threading. The problem is trying to prove whether it occurred with the previous oil...

My 86 ford ranger 2.0 single barrel carb . runs great . dies when let off gas .when turn throttle up on carb idles to high .

This problem is usually caused by the throttle damper out of adjustment on the carburetor that will cause the idle to be too low when you let off the throttle. It is supposed to lower the throttle slow instead of...