Q: How do I shift out of P?

How do I shift out of P?

Before driving, you will need to shift your car out of P. To do so, simply apply the brake pedal, and move the shifter.

3. How do I shift out of P?

Q: When car is running I can put it into gear without pushing the clutch peddle down but it doesn't engage 1988 Mitsubishi

Hello - there are 2 possibilities here: the first, and the one you hope for, is that the shift linkage has failed (most likely shifter cables), and you are not actually selecting a gear in the transmission although it feels...

Q: Noisy whirring sound when I step on the gas pedal.

Hello, thanks for writing in to YourMechanic. It sounds like you may have a problem with the serpentine belt driven accessory like a tensioner pulley or the alternator bearing is bad. If you'd like to have the noise from the...

Q: Key fob is stuck in the ignition and car won't start

The battery may be dead and if so the key is stuck because there is no power to the safety interlock. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location,...