Q: Temperature gadget goes up while in traffic

asked by on October 13, 2016

So when I am in traffic the cars temperature gadge goes up a bit but as soon as I accelerate or not idling anymore, it goes back to normal.. It does it at mostly every stop. The engin coolant is full. I've flushed it and everything...the car vibrates a lot as well while idling...Any advice or three main things I should check out

This can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds.

When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off.

I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system and help you make an accurate repair.