Q: Starting problem - 2005 Audi A4

Sometimes car doesn't start just a click other times sounds lazy like rrrr rrrr rrrr sometimes starts fine had battery checked at Halfords and seems fine any ideas ??

A: In most cases, when you get the "click...

In most cases, when you get the "clicking" sound, it’s due to a starter that is broken. However, if you’re getting a slow cranking sound (like the rrr rrrr rrrr you described) this could be due to a battery that has low cranking amps and needs to be replaced or the starter relay. Which receives power from the battery and activates the starter. To be certain, it’s a good idea to contact a local mechanics who can complete a car not starting inspection to determine exactly what might be damaged, so you can have that item fixed.