Q: Starting problem - 2005 Audi A4

asked by on October 09, 2016

Sometimes car doesn't start just a click other times sounds lazy like rrrr rrrr rrrr sometimes starts fine had battery checked at Halfords and seems fine any ideas ??

In most cases, when you get the "clicking" sound, it’s due to a starter that is broken. However, if you’re getting a slow cranking sound (like the rrr rrrr rrrr you described) this could be due to a battery that has low cranking amps and needs to be replaced or the starter relay. Which receives power from the battery and activates the starter. To be certain, it’s a good idea to contact a local mechanics who can complete a car not starting inspection to determine exactly what might be damaged, so you can have that item fixed.