Q: Whenever we start the van every now and then, it won't start on the first time. and then it will on the second time.

What could be causing this to happen? We had the battery checked and they said that it was okay.

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are a couple of possibilities. If the problem is lack of cranking the engine over, the problem could be a worn ignition switch, starter solenoid or starter - due to burned contacts in any of these components. If the problem is a lack of fuel pressure (after sitting a while), the problem could be a failing fuel pressure regulator, or a weak fuel pump, fuel pump relay with burned contacts, or clogged fuel filter. Any of these faults would require the fuel pump to run longer (along with the starter) to develop enough fuel pressure to start the engine. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this starting issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Whenever we start the van every now and then, it won't start on the first time. and then it will on the second time.