Q: Car is overheating and building pressure in top water hose

asked by on February 06, 2017

First problem i noticed was that the car will over heat after 10 minutes of driving but if i accelerated or revved the engine the temp will go down. This worked for about a month, then i popped the radiator, so i changed it out for a new one. This time it worked fine for 1 day then it over heated every 5 minutes and built a lot of pressure/steam from my top hose, the revving did not work any longer. So i changed out the water pump, thermostat, thermostat sensor, and all hoses. It worked for one day then it started to over heat again, i would go only 3 mins then temp will go all the way to read, engine will be cold but the top hose very hot. I would have to bleed the radiator to bring down the temp. I then changed the dorman heater hose assembly which was in bad condition and worked for one day again. The next day it will heat up then cool down when i accelerate. I bleed the line so no air is in the radiator, just dont know what to do anymore. The car sat for 1 year before this happen

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Other possible causes of overheating include failed head gaskets that allow exhaust gases to leak into the cooling system, a major blockage in a cooling passageway, a failed radiator pressure cap, non functioning radiator cooling fans and poor engine running condition. There are tests that can detect exhaust in the coolant to rule that possibility in or out. If you desire that the root cause of the engine overheating be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.