Q: Problem with fuel system

asked by on February 05, 2016

I am having a problem with either the fuel filter or the fuel pump. I am not sure which.

Fuel Filter Replacement $83.13 - $270.56 Get a Quote
Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote

Hello. The easiest way to determine what the current operating state of the fuel system is to connect a fuel pressure gauge. Some later model Fords have a fuel rail pressure sensor, that the engine control unit uses to control power flow to the fuel pump. If the fuel rail pressure sensor is reading wrong, this will be seen when comparing the value on the gauge to the actual value on the scanner. As with any drivability issue, a scanner will be needed to check for code and monitor data. You may need the aid of a mechanic to check fuel pressure and scan the vehicle for codes and data. They can replace the fuel filter or fuel pump after proper diagnosis.