Q: Car running badly after engine rebuild

The car has a fully rebuilt engine. I managed to fix all of the wiring in front of the engine, but under the dashboard is a different story. It was so bad that I had to cut out the aftermarket alarm and kill switch. Before, the car would run for a day, but then it died on me. At first, the idle slowly died down like it was out of gas. I made sure it was filled up and tried to start it. I had to rev the engine to high RPMs to get it to start.

If you are able to start your vehicle and keep it running with high RPM’s the issue may not be with your wiring inside. The issue could still be out in the engine bay area. There are so many variables when dealing with issues such as these. Especially in your case because the engine has been rebuilt, it could be associated with that or an entirely new problem. Things like low fuel pressure, timing issues or misadjusted valve train can cause symptoms like you are describing. My suggestion would be to seek the help of a qualified mechanic to help you figure out why exactly it starts and dies on you and make the necessary repairs.