I have a 2015 Nissan Altima, my account is blowing hot ai...

Q: I have a 2015 Nissan Altima, my account is blowing hot air.

asked by on July 30, 2017

I have a 2015 Nissan Altima, my account is blowing hot air. I had Good Year check the AC and they said there was nothing wrong wit

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a condenser fan that may not be cooling the AC condenser properly or the system may be low on freon. As you may know, the job of the AC condenser fan is to cool down the AC condenser as it generates a lot of heat during the course of its primary function, which is to convert the AC gas refrigerant into a liquid form, a process that generates a significant amount of heat. As the AC condenser fan blows cool air across the condenser, this allows the condenser to remain cool, keeping the pressure down in the AC system which helps to generate cooler air. This is much more noticeable when the vehicle comes to a stop or is moving slowly. As the vehicle accelerates, the air moves past the condenser cooling it naturally as the vehicle travels down the road requiring less effort on the part of the condenser fan. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.