Q: Headlights won't turn on and tail lights and blinker lights always stay on

I just put a 2wd steering column in my 4x4 87 dodge dokota , I think the wires are a little different I hooked up all the wires that I can but my headlights won't turn on and my brake lights and blinker lights always stay on I have to disconnect the battery for it to turn off and my right blinker won't work what could be a problem (wiring) I know it's not a fuse or the bulbs is has to do with the wiring cause everything worked fine before I switched the columns

A: If everything was working fine before switc...

If everything was working fine before switching columns then you know the problem is in the wiring. You stated the wire connectors were different and that you hooked up what you could. The only way to get this to work correctly is to have the wiring from the old column removed and install it into the new column.