Q: My car dies while hitting a bump and pushing gas.

When I am driving down the road my car drives fine but when I hit a bump while pushing the gas my car dies. I am able to put it in neutral and it starts right back up.

A: Hello. This can be caused by a number of th...

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things, but most of the time this is caused by the fuel pump turning off. It is usually caused by a fuel pump that is failing or a bad fuel pump relay. It can also be a bad ignition switch as these will fail over time and cause this. The only way to be able to tell what is causing this would be to have a fuel pressure gauge installed when the issue occurs. If the fuel pressure drops off then the fuel system is the cause. If not then the electrical and ignition system needs to be checked. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stalling issue firsthand.