Q: Where are the fuses located in a 2012 Nissan Altima?

Where are the fuses located?

If one of the electronic components in your car doesn’t work, the first thing to check is the fuse. Fuses act as protectors – if high voltage surges through the circuit, the fuse blows. This prevents damage from occurring to the accessory, but it does mean that it won’t work until you replace the fuse. You have several fuse boxes in your car. Here’s what you should know:

The main fuse box is located under the hood.

1. Open the hood and locate the fuse box.

2. Open the fuse box cover (press the tabs and lift it up).

3. Pull the fuses one by one (or check the schematic) and check them.

4. Replace any blown fuses with one of the same rating.

The secondary fuse box is located in the cabin.

1. Locate the fuse box and remove the panel (pull the catch).

2. Check each fuse individually.

3. Replace any blown fuses with one of the same rating.

Tips

• Always turn off the engine and make sure the headlights are off when working with fuses.

• If the replacement fuse blows, have the electrical system inspected.

3. Where are the fuses located in a 2012 Nissan Altima?