Q: 1991 s10 cranks but no start

asked by on August 08, 2017

I have a 91 s10 that cranks but does not start. There is spark and the injectors are spraying fuel. But it still does not start. I have replaced the distributor cap and the ICM and still nothing.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. You may want to start by making sure your air intake and throttle body are all clean and working well. Then, perform a compression test to make sure the engine itself is not your problem. After that, even with fuel coming from the injectors, you should check the fuel pressure available at the engine, as it may not be spraying enough fuel. From there, electrical testing should be done to make sure the ignition system and the new distributor are working correctly. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr