Q: My motor sounds like it is forced.

asked by on September 26, 2016

The faster I go the louder the engine sounds. It almost sounds like its going to pop. It has been like that for about a month and has been getting worse. It starts sounding forced when it reaches 20 miles per hou . The gears do change but you never feel the click. The oil has been changed on time . please help.

Hello. It sounds like you have a transmission that is slipping from the description you are giving. Some things that should be checked when experiencing slipping symptoms are the low or dirty transmission fluid, clutch problems, failing shift solenoid, or worn out gears. I suggest having a mechanic road test and scan the vehicle for failure codes to try and isolate the cause of the noise and advise you on the appropriate repair.