Q: What does the Low Temperature indicator mean on the dash?

What does the Low Temperature indicator mean on the dash?

A: While you’re probably familiar with the Hig...

While you’re probably familiar with the High Temperature light on the dash, you may not know what the Low Temperature indicator means when it comes on. This light simply tells you that the coolant temperature is low, or cooler than normal. Here’s how it works:

1. The light should come on and stay light for a couple of seconds after you turn on the engine.

2. The light should come on when the coolant temperature is below normal, and go off when the engine warms up.

3. If the light stays on but the temperature gauge shows that the engine has reached normal operating temperature, have your vehicle inspected.