Q: Gas sprays out of the tank when i fill up my 06 Jeep Liberty. What are the possible causes and how much will each one cost to fix?

Gas sprays out of the tank when I fill up the tank with gas. I was wondering how what the potential causes were and how much each fix would cost?

Thanks!

Hi there. In most cases when you have excessive pressure inside the fuel tank, adding gasoline will cause the symptom you’ve described. In other cases, it’s the gasoline pump hose that is causing this problem. This is often regulated by the EVAP system on your Jeep Liberty, which is comprised of a few different components including the EVAP purge valve solenoid, EVAP canister and several pressure lines and hoses. One or many of these items could be damaged and would require replacement. It’s hard to provide an estimate without knowing exactly what is damaged and causing the fuel to spill. It’s a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a fuel leaking from gas tank inspection, so they can determine what needs to be replaced or repaired.

3. Gas sprays out of the tank when i fill up my 06 Jeep Liberty. What are the possible causes and how much will each one cost to fix?