Q: Where do you find the engine number and transmission number?

asked by on December 15, 2015

Where do you find the engine number and transmission number?

Both your car’s engine and transmission have unique identification numbers. While you won’t need this information for title purposes or to insure the car, you might need it for warranty claims or extended warranty work, so it pays to know where to find the numbers.

• 1.8-Liter: You’ll find the engine number on top of the engine. The transmission number will be on the side of the transmission, or on the top of the transmission (manual and automatic respectively).

• 2.4-Liter: You can find your engine number on top of the engine. The transmission number will be on the far driver side of the transmission.