Q: Valve gaskets need replacing.

I think I might need my valve gaskets replaced. My coolant evaporates with no sign of where the leak is, and I noticed some oil seepage on the engine with no signs of any oil leaking onto the ground.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. Your cooling and oil systems would need to be checked for leaks. These are two separate issues. The cooling system should not be getting low, except for a very small amount over a six to twelve month period. The components that usually leak are the water pump, radiator, and the coolant sensor. Also, there could possibly be a coolant leak on the back of the cylinder head where the heater outlet lines are connected. All would have to be inspected and pressure tested for leaks. The oil leakage could indicate that the oil pressure sending unit or valve cover gasket might be in need of attention. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect for possible leaks on your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.