Q: Key not turning the ignition cylinder.

My ignition seems to be stripped. The key won't turn the ignition cylinder out of the locked position at all. It could either be the switch or the grooves in the ignition for the key.

Hi. A test that can be administered would be if you have a spare key, try to turn on the car with that key. If it turns on, then that would indicate you have a bad key and you should just get a copy of that key made. If the ignition cylinder is the problem, a certified mechanic, like one from your mechanic, can replace the bad ignition cylinder to make your vehicle drivable once again.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr