Q: Car overheating and losing power

I had the spark plugs, plug wires, and coil changed before I took a road trip. While driving, the car began to shudder and hesitate when accelerating. I had most of my spark plugs changed out again. Now the car runs worse than before. It eventually overheated, lost power, and now won't stay started unless my foot is on the gas.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Were you having any problems before having the plugs wires and spark plugs changed the first time? I have seen instances where not all of the spark plugs were changed because the back 3 plugs can be difficult to reach. I have also seen plugs wires misrouted which causes them to get damaged and make the engine misfire and run poorly. The overheating could be caused by a low coolant condition out a head gasket failure. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to see what caused your car’s loss of power and determine what fixes need to be made.