Q: Steering shakes and makes horrible noise at low speed 2011 GMC Acadia

asked by on November 12, 2016

Hi! My steering wheel shakes and makes a horrible grinding sound when I turn at low speeds in my 2011 GMC Acadia. Here's a video of what it looks and sounds like:

https://youtu.be/TQwo53S5Puw

What do you think is wrong with it? Thanks!

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. From what you said and what was displayed on the video your power steering pump is making the humming noise as if the pump is lacking of oil, but the shaking of vehicle and shutter noise would be caused by a wheel bearing or a CV shaft seizing up. Raise up the vehicle and check the wheel bearings and the CV shafts for any out of the ordinary wear and noise. Replace any part that is very hot or if it is damaged. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the steering wheel noise and shaking.