Q: Q: Door not closing.

The driver's side door of my car won't close. It seems like it is a mechanical problem and not electrical in nature.

Door lock latches can get moved from their original position, preventing them from closing around the striker. You may just need to move the latch to its original position. This can be done by unlocking the door, pulling the handle and inserting a screwdriver into the latch hole. Finally, pull the latch forward with the screwdriver. If this doesn’t help, the problem maybe with the latch assembly itself. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose and repair your door lock.

3. Q: Door not closing.