Q: Do i have to use synthetic oil in my bmw

asked by on August 11, 2017

Do i have to use synthectic oil in my bmw

The manufacturer recommends 5w40 or 5w30 full synthetic oil only for your car’s engine. I would recommend only using full synthetic oils.

Intake manifold cracked

Cracks in the manifold can leak air, resulting in a vacuum leak and poor engine performance. It could leak coolant as well, externally, into the cylinders, or into the oil. I would have a certified mechanic, such as one from...

Hesitation

Hesitation is a common sign of a failing mass air flow sensor. This is a unit that monitors the air flow into the engine as it is mixed with fuel to create the optimum air/fuel ratio. When this is not...

Loss of power

Hello. From my experience with this truck this is usually caused by a wiring issue on that side of the engine. If the ground loses connection then one side of the engine will begin to misfire and this will occur....

RPM revs too high

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a sign of a failing idle air control valve. This is a unit that is located on or near your intake manifold that monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel...

WHERE IS THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ON THE 2004 BMW 745LI?

The crankshaft sensor is located on bottom right of transmission bell housing.

RPM increases but can't go over 45 mph, after putting in transmission fluid

Your transmission is slipping. I would have the transmission checked to see if the transmission fluid is low or overfilled. Why did you have to put in fluid? Did you have a leak? The transmission may be low on fluid...

Dynamic Stability Control light on and stuck in 3rd gear

There is likely a wheel speed sensor issue causing the DSC light to be on. It also sounds like your transmission is in "limp' mode - being stuck in 3rd gear. The problem codes, and professional interpretation, will provide more...

HI I was driving home today and noticed while I was at a traffic light my oil light started to flicker.

Engine oil pressure may be below the requirement at idle. To determine that, temporarily install an external pressure gauge and verify that you have at least 5 PSI at idle, although you should compare against the pressure specification set forth...

Radiator and engine leaks

Hi there. An inspection of the radiator for white residue will be necessary. Radiator leaks generally occur where the plastic side tanks are mated to the sides of the aluminum radiator core. If this is the case, the radiator will...