Q: Need to replace the alternator in my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and have no clue what brand to get. 2000 Nissan Pathfinder

I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE and need to replace the alternartor. I have no idea what brand to get. I can't seem to find any good advice on a good one that won't break me. I had just planned on getting one off Amazon or at a parts store and have a mechanic put it in for me. I am trying to go the most inexpensive route.

Hi there - Denso and Bosch are original equipment suppliers for Nissan. These may be purchased as "rebuilt" or "remanufactured" at lower prices than new, or Nissan-branded parts from a number of quality parts supplier. "Less expensive" may only consider the up-front cost of the part, but not the hassle and expense of a replacement if it goes bad shortly after installing it. Cheap is usually not a bargain. I recommend a alternator replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Need to replace the alternator in my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and have no clue what brand to get. 2000 Nissan Pathfinder