Q: Need to replace the alternator in my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and have no clue what brand to get. 2000 Nissan Pathfinder

asked by on March 10, 2017

I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE and need to replace the alternartor. I have no idea what brand to get. I can't seem to find any good advice on a good one that won't break me. I had just planned on getting one off Amazon or at a parts store and have a mechanic put it in for me. I am trying to go the most inexpensive route.

Hi there - Denso and Bosch are original equipment suppliers for Nissan. These may be purchased as "rebuilt" or "remanufactured" at lower prices than new, or Nissan-branded parts from a number of quality parts supplier. "Less expensive" may only consider the up-front cost of the part, but not the hassle and expense of a replacement if it goes bad shortly after installing it. Cheap is usually not a bargain. I recommend a alternator replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.