Q: My car is misfireing

My 01 lesabre started misfiring. It all started when i parked in my friends driveway and my car beeped at me. I checked the dash and it said "check engine oil level low". Checked the oil and it was about a quart low. Luckily my buddy had some 10w-30 laying around which is what my oil cap said so we filled her back up. I started my car right after and bam misfiring. Now it spudders if I dont flutter the gas and sometimes tries to die when shifting from Rev to Drive. Threw engine codes- p0300( Random multiple misfire), p0336( Crankshaft sensor), and p0404( Exhaust gas recirculation "A" circut range/performance).

Hi Rufus. Thanks for contacting us today. Of the three codes you’ve provided us tonight, the one that I would place most of my focus would be the crankshaft position sensor. In some cases, when the electrical harness of this sensor is loose, it can cause a random misfire (which is the P-0300 code) to occur. A dirty or faulty EGR valve can also create engine efficiencies as well. Unfortunately, there is no easy fix to fix this issue, without correctly identifying the root source of the problem. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site inspection at your location.