Q: Check engine running rough

My oil light came on dashboard saying my oil was low, so I added oil. Then the check engine light came on. Suddenly my car started sounding like the engine wasn't running on all cylinders. It was running extremely rough! Do you know what could have caused this? What should I do?

You may have overfilled your engine with oil and the excessive oil started to foul out the engine cylinders. Have the oil level sensor checked by having a mechanic diagnose the problem and Check Engine Light to see if oil fouling was the cause. Sometimes the oil level sensor goes bad and will not register correct oil levels causing an overfill.

3. Check engine running rough