Q: Engine is knocking and it shakes the car while idle.

I was approaching a red light and my car started to stutter when it downshifted to first gear. When I came to a complete stop it started to shake and cut off. I managed to pull over add some fluids (it was really low on oil and ATF) . Crank it back up to take it home and it seemed as if it was having trouble when it shifts out of first gear. I had to let off the gas in order for it to shift gears. And let's not forget to mention the clackng noise when the car is started. Before it was only when I accelerated. What could be the problem?

Hello there, you have a few different things going on with your 2006 Ford Fusion. The clacking noise you have described on start up is most likely rod knock from low oil. If the oil level is left low and the engine is continued to be driven mechanical damage can result. It is a similar story for the transmission, it is not usual to have shifting problems when the fluid level drops whether from a leak or wear and tear. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic should inspect the noise in your vehicle immediately to determine what is going on.

3. Engine is knocking and it shakes the car while idle.